Tuesday 17 January 2012

Beneath Hill 60


This Australian film about tunelling looks good. As I have said before on this blog my Grandfather was a tunneller so I will probably watch this on Youtube for a couple of quid. It says
The extraordinary true story of Oliver Woodward. It's 1916 and Woodward must tear himself from his new young love to go to the mud and carnage of the Western Front. Deep beneath the German lines, Woodward and his secret platoon of Australian tunnelers fight to defend a leaking, labyrinthine tunnel system packed with enough high explosives to change the course of the War

Watch it all here

2 comments:

  1. I just added this to my NETFLIX queue. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. A really good one with a tough ending. I looked up the real story but the ones on-line didn't have the soldier left behind. Shades of the movie Galipoli.

    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete